After almost a century in operation, this Southeastern health system had moved countless times, shut down old buildings and opened new ones. To cut their ever-expanding telecom budget, they knew they needed a clear understanding of where their lines and circuits were (and exactly what they paying for).
After consolidating the client's convoluted invoices into a single document, our team went on-location to make sure that the bills were accurate. For each item on an invoice, we checked for a corresponding line – keeping track of inaccurate billing and ensuring that the client was getting the most out of their telecom spend.
Like many organizations with legacy buildings, the client's invoices were riddled with errors made by the vendor. Here's what we found:
The client's carrier had mistakenly added 233 lines from another company to our client's bill.
Annual Savings: $106,000
Despite the fact that these lines weren't usable, the client was still being charged.
Annual Savings: $307,000
While these lines were intact, they weren't actually connected – leaving the client paying for lines that weren't in use.
Annual Savings: $283,688
With such a massive network, it wasn't surprising that the client was being billed for dozens of circuits it no longer needed.
Annual Savings: $111,876
Despite requests from the client that many circuits be disconnected and removed from their billing, the vendor hadn't followed up and was still charging for them.
Annual Savings: $78,896
Finally, we found that the vendor was billing for a circuit they'd installed even though the client hadn't requested or approved it.
Annual Savings: $87,540
A Colorado based drug company was experiencing price increases – and didn’t know why.
A mid-sized airport in the Southeast had a telecom network spanning over 100 buildings – and no map of their lines and circuits.
A southeastern university was paying more for telecom than its counterparts – and didn't know why.
816 W. Mills Street, Suite B